The Sagemont School is a respected college preparatory school located in Broward County, Florida. The school offers a rigorous academic curriculum and operates two campuses in the beautiful city of Weston. In preschool starting at 3 years of age through Grade 5,The Sagemont School, Lower School Campus, offers core concepts in a creative environment combined with weekly specials that include science, art, music, Spanish, swimming, PE and media and technology.
From middle school through high school graduation, at the Upper School Campus, Sagemont students choose from a variety of regular, honors and AP course work. In addition, students share in a networked wireless laptop environment and participate in a comprehensive guidance program for college entrance. See Academic Profile.
Mission Statement and Guiding Principles
"The Sagemont School is committed to delivering a college-preparatory PS-12th education in a technologically-rich, supportive, and culturally-diverse learning community".
1. Students develop and apply a solid academic foundation.
2. We hold high academic expectations for each student.
3. We are committed to differentiated instruction to maximize student learning.
4. The school has clearly defined extracurricular and school-related activities, as well as community service opportunities.
5. The school actively integrates technology into the curriculum in meaningful ways.
6. Each student's physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs are met.
7. A safe predictable environment promotes student's success in learning.
8. Instilling responsibility and respect for oneself, each other and the environment will help students develop into valuable members of the community.
9. We are a community of learners uniting students, parents and teachers.
10. We embrace cultural diversity.
Athletics and extra-curricular activities
Top-rated colleges seek applicants with more than just high GPA's. Therefore, the Sagemont School encourages participation in a wide variety of athletics, extra-curricular activities and community service. Sagemont students have been recognized for their achievements at the local, regional and state level.
Sagemont also meets the needs of students with specific learning disabilites through its Mountain Peak Academy, a program that interfaces with the school's regular program.
Sagemont students are sought after by top-tier colleges throughout the nation and are often recipients of valuable academic scholarships.
What Sagemont parents and students are saying about Sagemont...
"We love the fact that our child has had such a variety of learning experiences including well-planned field trips, character development training and emphasis on the fine arts."... The Garrison Family
"At The Sagemont School, I have learned the importance of integrity, acceptance and character. The diverse environment has made me feel confident about what I do and who I am."... Leon Arteche, 2007 Valedictorian, now attending New York University
Sagemont Alumni Success Stories